Business Development Manager
The BDM is the door opener and relationship manager for our company. They must be incredibly adept at communicating with people at all levels of an organization as they build long lasting relationships. The BDM has an unquenchable thirst for finding opportunities to serve new and existing clients. This position is the most challenging and demanding role in our company but can result in great satisfaction and financial reward.
A day in the life of a BDM
- Initially dedicate 30 hours per week to recruiting and then sell your way out of the recruiting role into sales and business development. This is a “learn the business” to “sell the business” model.
- Penetrate target organizations at various management levels, selling Titus services.
- Develop, manage, and execute the sales process with high levels of weekly activity, including lead generation, identification of opportunities, client meetings, sales presentations, and closing business.
- Manage sales pipeline, including strategy and development.
- Achieve annual sales target as determined by senior management.
- Work alongside and collaborate with a trusted team of humble competitors.
- Produce high quality work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment by managing your time and efforts across multiple hiring projects. Activities include: sourcing strategies, establishing timelines and deliverables, taking initiative to complete unexpected tasks, and owning the final work product.
- Take ownership of personal targets. This includes utilization and customer satisfaction, which are used to measure individual and overall company performance.
- Source, entice, and evaluate top talent through creating innovative strategies to target a high volume of passive candidates on a daily basis.
- Assess skill level according to established selection criteria, facilitate a purposeful and effective interview process, and drive the offer stage, which may include reference checks, salary recommendations and negotiations, and closing of candidates.
- Provide clear and regular communication to clients to ensure preparedness during the interview process. Discuss pertinent information with all appropriate decision makers.
- Address challenges and develop innovative solutions by gathering and understanding recruiting data which includes market intelligence, current trends, or other metric oriented analysis.
- Provide ongoing consultative services to clients and serve as client advocate.
- Uncover, drive, and develop new service opportunities for current and new clients.
What we'd like to see
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in sales and/or full-cycle recruiting with a search firm, in-house staffing, or corporate environment; or consultative/service oriented sales background.
- Strong networking skills and involvement in local business community.
- Successful execution of sales process, from identifying prospective clients to closing business.
- Experience in recruiting for engineering, technical, sales, operations or leadership roles.
- Proven ability to make recommendations and execute solutions to encourage progressive innovation to Titus’ recruitment efforts based on client needs.
- Extraordinary communication, teamwork, and client service skills; ability to clearly communicate in discussions and written documents, and deliver regular updates.
- Adept in working in a team environment, handling multiple clients, and delivering effective consultative advice throughout the search process.
- Proven organizational skills with keen eye for detail and the ability to self-manage.
- The capacity to assess and handle competing demands.
The following describes our people (well most of our people)
Autonomous, assertive, intuitive, organized, honest, driven, successful, collaborative, entrepreneurial, nomadic, inquisitive, targeted, fearless, challenging, adventurous, fun, social
What sets us apart
The signature service of Titus Talent Strategies is Recruitment Partnership InSourcing (RPI). RPI represents a game-changer in professional placement. With better outcomes and lower costs, our recruiting consultants work side-by-side our clients’ internal teams – it’s like having an aggressive, in-house headhunter dedicated full-time to our clients’ searches. We're specialists in identifying and recruiting qualified, passive candidates at competitor firms in our clients’ industries.
Who we are
Titus Talent Strategies is a team of passionate people, following a proven process, delivering unparalleled performance. We believe our partners deserve something radically different than what the typical recruitment firm offers – a client-centric, trusted advisor who guides them through talent strategies with integrity, creativity and results.
Learn More About This Opportunity